Acorn Decorated Box
- Measure all the raffia you will need.
- Make sure the acorns are clean so that the glue will stick.
- Tie the raffia around the box. If you need instructions see the
instructions for the raffia box.
- Apply a dot of glue on the nut end of the acorn and another on the
cap end so they are both held in place.
- Use 2 or 3, one bigger and one or two smaller ones.
- When they are all finished go back and check for any loose ones,
re gluing where necessary.
When the nuts dry they are liable to lose their tops. Let them rest in place while they dry so you can tell who’s hat is who’s. Use the hot glue to refasten the tops to the nuts when they are completely dry.
There are many other type of nuts and seed pods, any of which would work fine. If you are using seed pods make sure they are not going to pop open and spill the contents on the banquet table.
Handle and transport them carefully as with any of the hand decorated favor boxes.
Its always more fun to do these types of crafts with a small group people.
Plan a box decorating party and invite family or friends.
Return to the Decorated Boxes