Sea Shell Decorated Box
The seashell and raffia gift box is perfect for a seaside or beach theme wedding You will need a hot glue gun and maybe some scissors to do these boxes. The materials consists of sea shells which are available in any craft store. They are sometimes sold in bags with a variety of shells. In addition to shells you probably would be able to find small sand dollars, sea horses and the like. For this example we used some green and natural colored raffia to simulate marsh reeds but you could just as well find the real McCoy on your quest for shells and drift wood. If you look for the shells on the beach keep an eye out for interesting pieces of drift wood or other found objects.
- Use common sense when small children are present.
- Plug the glue gun in and let it come up to temperature.
- Use the hot glue sparingly to fasten the reeds or greens to the box.
- Next glue the largest piece in place to make a focal going.
- Arrange smaller items in place around the focal point, work in odd numbers.
- When you are finished go back and check each box for loose shells.
- Always make sure you unplug your glue gun and let it cool down be for you pack it away.